Med humoristiskt syfte lade Jakop Dalunde upp ett citat av George W Bush (som visade sig vara ett falskt citat). Kul var det, och jag vill inte vara sämre.
I USA finns det en kategori av satir som kallas "Bushism". Helt enkelt komiska saker som Bush Jr (ibland hans far) sagt - ofta i försök att verka klokare han är. (Om "Bushism" går det också att läsa mer på svenska Wikipedia.)
- Rättvisans baneman. "I want justice. And there's an old poster out West, I recall, that says, 'Wanted: Dead or Alive'." (17/9 -01)
- George W Orwell. "I just want you to know that, when we talk about war, we're really talking about peace." (18/6 -02)
- Fight fire with fire. "The United States is committed to the worldwide elimination of torture and we are leading this fight by example." (26/6 -03)
- USA har inga kärnvapen. "See, free nations are peaceful nations. Free nations don't attack each other. Free nations don't develop weapons of mass destruction." (3/10 -03)
- Att tala latin med de lärde... "My Geordie is probably just about as bad as my English." (14/11 -03)
- Monty Python-ish. "I'm honored to shake the hand of a brave Iraqi citizen who had his hand cut off by Saddam Hussein." (25/5 -04)
- Public Enemy #1: George W Bush. "Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we." (5/8 -04)
- Till sexarbetarnas försvar. "Too many good docs are getting out of the business. Too many OB/GYNs aren't able to practice their love with women all across the country." (6/9 -04)
- Om inte fienden finns, uppfinn honom. "I would still invade Iraq even if Iraq never existed." (21/8 -06)
- Sista smörjelsen. "Make no mistake about it, I understand how tough it is, sir. I talk to families who die." (7/12 -06)
Låg humor? Ja, kanske det...